Back to School Tips
- Check with your child’s school or teacher to find out what supplies they may need.
- Make sure to get all immunizations and physicals completed.
- Find out what the bus schedule is and where your child should be picked up.
- If your child is walking to school, find a safe route and practice the route with your child. Be sure to discuss traffic safety and how to safely interact with strangers.
- Make a calendar of school events and vacation days, and place it in a visible location.
- Practice the back to school routine a few times before the first day to create continuity.
- Make a list of rules and adjustments for school days: Homework schedule, TV schedule, bath time, bedtime, etc.
- Pack lunches and set out clothes and backpacks with your children the night before school.
Encourage your child to share his or her feelings about going back to school.